Pool - Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Hourly / Casual)
Pool - Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Hourly / Casual)Requisition IDreq13Employment TypeCasual EmployeePosition Summary
This Hourly Hiring Pool represents current or potential hourly non-benefited job openings in this employment category. There is no guarantee of employment from this hiring pool. Positions are not benefited. Hours and schedules vary.
Morning lab: 9:00-11:50 am, or Afternoon lab: 1:00-3:50 pm
Technical Assistant Level III - Casual Employment.
Wage will be determined based on qualifications (education and credentialing) and experience.
The employee can work up to 599 hours per fiscal year. Duties require independent actions, use of judgment and specific knowledge or experience in a technical specialty (generally requiring two years experience in the specialty or comparable training/education). Work is performed under general supervision.
Some responsibility for design and planning and/or directing the work of others performing similar tasks. Also represents the work of highly technical positions requiring more extensive technical knowledge and containing a higher level of complexity.
- Qualified applicants must possess one of the following Medical Assisting credentials; CMA (AAMA), RMA (AMT), NCMA (NCCT), CCMA (NHA)
- Three years of Medical Assisting experience or more in ambulatory care
- Experience working as a Medical Assistant in a PCMH ambulatory care facility
- Management or supervisory experience
- Experience in Primary Care or Internal Medicine Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly.For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA