Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Anthropology
Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - AnthropologyRequisition IDreq71Academic DepartmentAnthropologyCampus Cascade, Rock Creek, Southeast, and Sylvania CampusesPosition SummaryPortland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in the Anthrophology Department. The Department will review applications in this pool as the need arises for new part-time faculty in this area.
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but a Part-time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the Academic Year. Your application may be considered for substitute assignments as well as full term class assignments.
Candidate ProfileInstructor Qualifications
MA Degree in Anthropology or a Ph.D. in Anthropology specializing in one of the following sub-fields: biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, archaeology or linguistics. (The SAC recognizes that individuals with a MA degree in Anthropology may not have a sub-Field specialty listed on their transcript. However, a review of MA candidate’s coursework, thesis topic and vita should show that their graduate education is centered about at least one of the above sub fields.)
Two years experience teaching anthropology at an accredited college or university. (This experience may include graduate student teaching experience or part time assignments.)
Graduate–level training and coursework in ethnographic methods social research or laboratory methods/analysis, or the equivalent of one-year academic experience in the field. (This experience may include graduate school projects such as summer work in field school environments).
For ethnographic area or topical area, specific courses (like ATH 210, 211,230,231, 232, or 214) faculty, must have both graduate level academic preparation (minimum 9 credit hours or 6 semester hours) in the specialty area to be taught, as well one year of field experience focused on the ethnographic area or topic to be taught.
Note Regarding Academic Credentials:
- Official transcripts are required to be submitted within 2 weeks of offer date for degrees required in the stated Instructor Qualifications.
- Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited US institution or a foreign institution having the equivalent of regional accreditation. Instructors with credentials from other countries will have their transcripts evaluated by agencies that have good standing with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services to establish fulfillment of this standard. (for more information see http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html)
- For more information on PCC's General Instructor Qualifications Policy I301 visit:
These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees.See the PCC Instructor Qualifications webpage for more information.Part-Time Faculty Compensation
2020-21 Hourly Rates:
- Lecture $66.71/hourLab $49.36/hourLecture/Lab $53.70/hour
Part-time faculty health insurance eligibility is based on workload during the previous academic year. Once eligible, available insurance plans include Health, Dental, and Vision options, as well as Long-term Care.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. Part-time faculty may be eligible for PERS/OPSRP if they meet the requirement of six months of employment and are working 600 hours or more per year. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
- 2 hours sick leave per pay period, up to 32 hours per year; a maximum of 8 hours of accrued sick leave per academic year may be used for personal reasons.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA