HVAC Technician I
HVAC Technician ITracking Code669-674 Job Description
Valparaiso University now invites applicants for our full-time HVAC Technician I position.
The position is responsible for performing complete maintenance, operation, service and repairs to a wide variety of complex commercial and industrial heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems including but not limited to chillers, boilers, air-handlers, heat pumps, circulation pumps, cooling coils and refrigeration equipment. The HVAC Technician will test systems; adjust controls, balance flow, assure functionality, and has the ability to work with building automation systems (BAS).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect, maintain and evaluate the operation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment; lubricate bearings, check bearing temperature, check packing on chilled water and steam valves, and repair and diagnose issues with pneumatically and digitally controlled HVAC systems
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment
- Perform coil cleaning or replacement and motor or belt replacement
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment and related systems including but not limited to boilers, pumps, chillers, air handlers, heat recovery ventilators, variable refrigerant flow systems, and dedicated outdoor air systems
- Complete work orders and communicate the status when resolved or an update is appropriate
- Respond to pressure, airflow, temperature, and humidity anomalies
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, sketches and job specifications.
- Assist other trades as needed
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
- Ability to diagnose and repair systems and components that are related to the building automation systems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of computers for tasks including reading email, logging hours and entering work order information
- Ability to work independently, but also an excellent collaborator and team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to creatively overcome obstacles
- Skilled in working with a diverse academic community and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of installations and repair of HVAC and Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Preferred on the job experience, Vocational School, or Associates Degree
- 3 Years work related experience preferred
- Valid Driver's license
- Refrigerant Certification preferred