Lead Phlebotomy Technician Trainer
Department:: Center For Workforce Development
Locations:: Roxbury, MA
Posted:: Dec 16, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lead Phlebotomy Technician Trainer
Phlebotomy Technician Trainer appointed in this role will instruct phlebotomy technician coursework in both classroom and laboratory environments. Trainer must have the ability to demonstrate hands on phlebotomy techniques and skills to students per the designated state and federal regulations.
- Represent the school in a positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, staff and the community.
- Present oneself in the classroom setting in a manner that is acceptable and consistent with program and school guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Supervise, demonstrate and teach students, in a classroom setting, proper patient care according to established national and industry standards.
- Evaluate, report and record student performance and progress to program administrators in a timely manner
- Responsible for the computation of grades and recording of critical information to administrative staff
- Monitor student progress and performance and make referrals when deemed necessary.
- Assumes responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
- Request supplies, as needed, to support Phlebotomy classes.
- Oversee the administration of the ASPT examination
- Report student certification and employment outcome to administrative staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program director.
- Candidate should be a certified Phlebotomy Technician with a minimum of five (3) years of phlebotomy experience and two (2) years of laboratory experience within the previous ten (10) years. The candidates must hold a national certification from an accredited national testing organization. The candidate must have at least one (1) year of experience as an instructor preferably in a Phlebotomy course of instruction. Proof of certification/licensing is required to be considered for the job.
- Current CPR Training
- Possess strong human relations skills and abilities to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Be a creative, energetic, and self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and educational media equipment.
- Experience and comfort in communicating with adults from other nations, cultures and ethnic groups.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Phlebotomy Trainer rate will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act require all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
12 week program offered Spring, Summer, Fall semester:
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 6:00pm-9:30pm
Tuesday & Thursday 6:00pm-9:30pm
Friday & Saturday 6:00pm-9:00pm- Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm
All applicants must submit resume and cover letter.