Building Automation Systems Instructors
Department:: Smart Building Technology
Locations:: Roxbury, MA
Posted:: Jan 16, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Roxbury Community College's Center for Smart Building Technology invites qualified Building Automated Automation System professionals to provide classroom instruction in the program. The Building Automation Systems curriculum involves 4 classes:
Introduction to Building Automation
Introduction to Building Automation Systems (BAS) provides an overview of the BAS industry in general. Topics include history, BAS manufacturers & contractors, industry scope & trends, career pathways in BAS, overview of physical point types, BAS technician skills, types of BAS systems, general BAS architecture, soft skills, safety, contracting basics, basic BAS tools, interpreting project plans & scale drawings, and an overview of building systems controlled by BAS.
Building Automation Systems Fundamentals
Building Automation Systems (BAS) Fundamentals introduces the student to the fundamentals of building system controls. Labs utilize customized Base Labs Benchtop Training Units, which use EasyIO controllers, and CPT Tools, an open source software-programming tool that provides third party configuration and management tools for products that run in a Sedona environment.
Control Devices and Applications
This course covers existing and emerging Building Automation Systems (BAS) control devices and their applications. Labs utilize customized Base Labs Benchtop Training Units, which use EasyIO controllers, and CPT Tools, an open source software-programming tool that provides third party configuration and management tools for products that run in a Sedona environment.
Networking and Advanced Electrical
This course covers existing and emerging Building Automation Systems (BAS) advanced networking and electrical concepts. Labs utilize customized Base Labs Benchtop Training Units, which use EasyIO controllers, and CPT Tools, an open source software-programming tool that provides third party configuration and management tools for products that run in a Sedona environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and distribute syllabi, which inform students about course requirements, grading requirements, testing assignments, attendance policy, and other information for each course assigned.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and examinations in a timely manner to inform students about their progress.
- Encourage use of support services by students. Collaborate with support services staff to ensure that information is being shared and discussed.
- Follow procedures related to the Registrar's office.
This position is open until filled.
- Be an EasyIO certified trainer.
- Teaching experience in higher education (community college experience is preferred).
- Experience with building HVAC, Electrical, and Building Controls technology.
- Three or more years experience providing instruction to working professionals in the field of commercial building energy management, facility management, building engineering, operations and maintenance, or a closely related field.
- Two or more years employment in the field or industry related HVAC systems, electrical systems, and Building Controls.
- A bachelor's degree. (Note: Work experience may be substituted for degree. One year of work experience in instruction or industry is equivalent to one year of college degree work.)
- Familiarity with state and local codes and standards.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.