Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Oct 23, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including peoples of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for serving as the day-of event coordinator for all external events at the Media Arts Center. In this role, the Event Coordinator oversees as aspects of externally-funded events, including ensuring that event set-ups and technical tests are completed, recording event employee hours, answering questions from clients, trouble-shooting problems, ensuring events begin and end according to contract stipulations, and enforcing Roxbury Community College rules and regulations. The event coordinator is also responsible for completing post-event reports and accurately relaying time-overages and other accommodations to the Business Office for invoicing. The event coordinator may be asked to oversee events at other RCC Buildings on an as-needed basis.
Supervision Received: Reports to the College Events Manager
- Reviews event operational requirements (provided by Events Manager) prior to events
- Greets clients, answers questions and concerns
- Serves as liaison between client, technical support staff (lighting and sound technicians) and security
- Directly addresses client concerns, elevates those concerns, when necessary
- Confirms start time and end time for event support staff
- Carefully tracks times of client use against contracted times?when necessary, relays details on overage charges to clients and sends overage times and other unexpected billables to Business Office
- Prior to leaving event:
- completes comprehensive event report for College Events Manager
- ensures building is empty/clear of client belongings
- Serves as the primary RCC staff member for Media Arts Center events ? accurately relays information on RCC policies & procedures, ensuring that the College is well and accurately represented
The event coordinator may also be tasked with setting-up and breaking down RCC resource tables for community events at the Media Arts Center, providing photos/content from select events for digital marketing, and other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree
- 1-3 years event supervision experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Successful CORI and SORI background check
- The ability to lift 25 pounds, walk up and down stairs, and move tables/chairs
- Event experience at a theater, performance space or multi-use higher education facility preferred
This is part-time position, with varying hours based on event bookings.
To be considered for this position, application should submit a resume and cover letter.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.