: Information TechnologyLocations:
: Roxbury Crossing, MAPosted:
: Oct 17, 2019Closes:
: Nov 15, 2019 - 11:59 PM ESTType:
: Full Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including peoples of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under the direction of the College's Technical and User Services Manager supports the use of personal computer hardware, software, and related peripherals at the College and plans for their enhanced use. Works as part of a Help Desk support team that deploys and maintains, desktop and laptop computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance to all institutional constituents.
- Provides telephone, face-to-face and online support to personal computer users
- Image PC's for deployment using Acronis or similar imaging software
- Smart Classroom & Projector Support & Troubleshooting
- Software Site Licensing Maintenance and Compliance
- Server Software upgrades
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends the hardware and software needed to provide solutions to the college's needs
- Helpdesk Support
- Ability to troubleshoot, and Configure Wireless Access Points and mobile devices
- Troubleshoot Printer and Copier Interfaces/Connectivity
- Assist with Rotation of Daily Back Up Tapes
- Installs/configures/supports appropriate software and hardware
- Connects personal computers and peripherals to the campus network and provides first level network troubleshooting
- Provides training to personal computer users as appropriate
- Interfaces with vendors, other technical staff and customers
- Undertakes record keeping and reporting functions for the area of responsibility
- Special Projects as assigned
- Familiar with Office 365 environment and the ability to support students and employees on its use
- Other Responsibilities/Duties as Assigned
- Associates Degree with training emphasis in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Administration or closely related field.
- 2 years' experience and/or training involving computer operations, hardware/software troubleshooting, and network system administration; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communications skills, oriented in business processes & best practices, ability to explain and train in non-technical terms, and proven success working in a collaborative setting.
- Must also have experience with Intel processor based personal computer use and support; Microsoft Windows and Office; and a wide range of applications software.
Roxbury Community College offers competitive salaries and full benefits according to the guidelines and procedures of the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
One position available.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
Starting date: ASAP
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
List of 3 References