Physical Therapy Assistant (Adjunct Faculty)
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2020-007
Posting Start Date: 1/31/2020
Minimum Education: Not Specified
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: $41.55 - $52.50 per credit hour
Physical Therapy Assistant (Adjunct Faculty)Description/Job Summary
This position is responsible for:
- Provide classroom, lab and/or clinical instruction.
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
- Provide leadership to develop and/or deliver lecture content on a variety of Physical Therapy topics.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to student assessment and student learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with other faculty, as well as college officials to meet accreditation standards for Physical Therapy, Middles States and Maryland Higher Education Commission.
- Develop, and when necessary, revise existing curriculum to reflect currency in the Physical Therapy accreditation standards.
- Revise curricula to reflect the hospital industry's expectations for entry- level practitioners.
- With the program faculty, procure clinical placement for students, and evaluate the effectiveness of the same to ensure successful student outcomes, as needed or when appropriate.
- Maintain posted office hours for the instruction and advisement of students.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate inventory of Physical Therapy supplies for laboratory instruction.
- Complete required reports on student progression.
- Assist with the management of incompleteness and make-ups.
- Occasionally instruct Independent Study students for purpose of graduation.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Associate Dean.
- Minimum of one (1) year physical therapy experience.
- Licensed as a PT or PTA by the Maryland Board of Physical.
- Therapy Examiners Associate degree.
- Computer literacy; experience working with personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to the philosophy of the community college.
- Masters degree preferred
- Work experience preferably in a higher education institution
- Commitment to the philosophy of the community college
- Experience working in multi cultural environments.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail