Major Gifts Officer (7546U) , BAMPFA 5499
Major Gifts Officer (7546U) , BAMPFA 5499 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: February 13, 2020
The mission of the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) is to inspire the imagination and ignite critical dialogue through art, film, and other forms of creative expression. BAMPFA has developed an international reputation for its active and ambitious exhibition programs, as well as for the quality of its art and film collections and research resources. BAMPFA is an institution with a stellar history and an exciting future. For more information, visit our website bampfa.org.
The Major Gifts Officer supports the Director of Development and the BAMPFA Director and Chief Curator in solicitations and donor engagement by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors, and participating in planning to ensure that predetermined fundraising goals are met.
- Manage a portfolio of one hundred prospective and current Curator's Circle program donors, primarily comprising individuals for whom the target gift is $1,000 to $20,000, and carry out fundraising strategies, including planned giving. Work in coordination with BAMPFA and campus leadership, including University Development and Alumni Relations, on the advancement of prospect and donor engagement. Cultivate and steward donors via personal meetings and member events.
- With the Director of Development, coordinate annual solicitation strategies in support of fundraising priorities for unrestricted revenue generation, through Curator's Circle membership retention, recapture, and expansion.
- Track and manage information/strategies pertaining to gift portfolios in the database, including accurate and timely recording and documentation of conversations, contacts, and next steps with donors. Prepare briefings for staff and volunteers prior to events and coordinate timely and effective follow up to events, including contact reports.
- Manages the calendar of Curator's Circle cultivation and stewardship events. Monitor and report on monthly Curator's Circle renewal results. Act as lead staff with donor circle volunteer committees. Work with Curator's Circle chair to identify and create an annual calendar of stewardship events and fundraising communications strategies. Administer Curator's Circle program budgets and timelines. Participate in creation and advancement of donor recognition circles/opportunities.
- Working with Director of Development and other key BAMPFA staff and trustees, design, organize, plan, and implement fundraising events.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of annual Gala in partnership with the board Gala Committee.
- Support special projects including campaigns and other fundraising initiatives, pledge and gift tracking, recognition and stewardship, as well as development operations such as gift processing, donor communications, and database work.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=5499&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency