Lead, Institutional Work Planning & Control Program
Provides leadership and management to coordinate, administer, and continually improve PPPL’s work planning and control program(s) and supporting processes and practices.
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and serves as the primary authority on development, implementation, and continual improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of PPPL’s work planning and control, program, processes, and practices.
- Develops, maintains, coordinates, and collaborates with other managers and subject matter experts to drive continual improvement in process and tools covering the breadth of work at PPPL including infrastructure operations and maintenance, research facilities operations and maintenance, construction, research safety etc.
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among stakeholder groups who utilize and/or are impacted by the PPPL Work Planning and Control (WPC) program. Provides and administers tools to facilitate communication and coordination (e.g. hazardous job registry, plan of the month/week).
- Engages in and provides leadership to work planning and control communities of practice that are active in the DOE complex. Identifies and pursues best practices to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the PPPL WPC program.
- Monitors and measures the effectiveness and efficiency of WPC processes and practices. Develops and analyzes key performance indicators and takes preventive and corrective actions when necessary to assure system performance is maintained at expected levels.
- Manages the WPC electronic information technology tools. Works with developers to improve and optimize the system performance based on user and stakeholder feedback. Ensures compliance with software quality assurance requirements.
- Works with other departments to develop and deliver training related to the WPC program.
- Works directly with the PPPL project management office and project managers to assist in coordinating and aligning resources at key work phases and transitions (e.g. design reviews, construction start)
- Prepares and delivers presentations to senior laboratory leadership and contract assurance partners (i.e. DOE and Princeton University)
Expectation and Experience:
- Minimum of fifteen-years field-level experience in hazardous technical work planning and execution, in an industry requiring a high degree of efficiency and reliability.
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, mentoring, and facilitation skills to form, lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams of scientists, technicians, subject matter experts, and managers in planning complex and high hazard work.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- A Bachelor degree in a technical field is highly desirable.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work extended hours to meet project milestones.
- Routine presence in high hazard environments.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.
Salary GradeADM, 05Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo