Instructional Aide, Student Academic Computer Center, Adjunct Faculty (Pool)
Posting DetailsPosition TitleInstructional Aide, Student Academic Computer Center, Adjunct Faculty (Pool)Requisition NumberFAC00333General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
The Student Academic Computer Center (SACC) Department is seeking applicants for an ongoing pool of candidates to fill emergency and temporary instructional aide faculty openings. The SACC Instructional Aide will provide assistance to students and faculty using technology in the college’s classrooms and Student Academic Computer Centers. This position is for the Main Campus and all Regional Centers.
*Applicant credentials will be kept on file until 12/31/2020.Specific Responsibilities
• Supervise student workers in the Student Academic Computer Centers (SACC).
• Evaluate the job performance of SACC student workers.
• Attend to SACC users’ questions by offering appropriate informational assistance.
• Maintain the SACC facility in a neat and organized fashion to facilitate use by its patrons.
• Maintain the printing capability of all classrooms, the SACC, and Staff Computer Access Centers either directly or indirectly through the supervision of student workers.
• Maintain inventory of informational and printing supplies.
• Attend to routine maintenance of both software, hardware, and computer network within SACC by either performing minor troubleshooting and repair or reporting malfunctioning equipment to the Help Desk.
• Maintain records of equipment repair and reporting for systems within the SACC.
• Scheduled hours may be on Main campus or any Regional center and will be between the hours of 8:00am – 10:00pm. These may include substitution hours.
• Attend departmental meetings.
• All other duties assigned by the Learning Lab and Student Academic Computer Center Department Head.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field of study.
• Documented coursework in networking fundamentals.
• Experience in providing assistance in a customer-service environment.
• In-depth knowledge of: current computer operating systems, network operating systems, print management systems, and current versions of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of computer software applications including graphics publishing and business packages.
• Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility in adapting to the needs of a changing program.Preferred Qualifications
• Community college experience preferred.
• Organizational and supervisory experience desired.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 3 professional referenced REQUIRED.
• Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankSalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field of study?
- * Do you have documented coursework in networking fundamentals, and in-depth knowledge of current computer operating systems, network operating systems, print management systems, and current versions of Microsoft Office?
- * Do you have experience in providing assistance in a customer-service environment?
- * Do you have Community College experience?
- * Do you have organizational and supervisory experience?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)