MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, School of Social Work, Administration
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, School of Social Work, AdministrationTracking Code1263 Job Description
One of Boston University’s premier schools located in the heart of the city, the BU School of Social Work (BUSSW) has more than 100 years of social work education history, a dynamic faculty leading innovative research on pressing social justice issues, and graduate students engaged in programs across five residential campuses and online.
Our mission is to develop dynamic and diverse social work practitioners, leaders, and scholars through rigorous teaching, innovative research, and transformative community engagement.
BUSSW is looking for a tech-savvy, creative digital marketer to help us build on the new strategic direction of our leadership team. As the Manager of Marketing & Communications, you’ll join our organization at an exciting time of growth and innovation, working closely with depts. across the School to develop and implement comprehensive marketing and communications plans — in collaboration with the marketing dept. director. Your plans will help increase enrollment and promote and strengthen the visibility and reputation of the School through a rich content-driven strategy, creatively positioning our strongest attributes to our key audiences. You’ll be responsible for digital and content marketing, designing and producing print and digital brand materials, website development, social media strategy and analysis, and executing communication plans that support the recruitment, programmatic, and strategic goals of the school. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
In this role, you’ll manage enrollment marketing operations by collaborating with the recruitment manager to execute a full-funnel marketing strategy that supports the school's admissions goals through the school’s CRM. Working closely with the Marketing & Communications Director, you’ll develop effective digital marketing campaigns; collaborate with our marketing agency to identify new channels and promotional opportunities to engage our target audiences, and lead branding and messaging for admissions events and industry conferences.
You’ll be our lead content strategist and in-house brand/visual identity expert—- responsible for creating dynamic content to support a range of BUSSW departments including recruitment, programs, fundraising and alumni communications. You’ll oversee multimedia design efforts for all platforms including interactive media projects such as webinars and videos. You’ll also expand our social media strategy and oversee analytics in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Specialist.
As the Marketing & Communications Manager, you’ll handle all website development efforts including site creation, navigation, maintenance, and optimization for search engines using tools such as Google Analytics and Moz.
Tapping into your strong organization skills, you’ll lead department operations including procurement, project management, and budget allocation in collaboration with the dept. director.Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, communications, or related field(s). Three to five years related work experience.
- Proven success as a digital marketer with experience using social media platforms, Google AdWords, Google Display Network, and other digital advertising platforms to drive demand generation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write, edit, and produce compelling print and web content
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Comfortable analyzing data and trends and making informed recommendations accordingly
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong work ethic, detail-oriented multi-tasker able to prioritize work responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Strong presentation and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate on a cross-functional team
- Positive attitude and forward thinker
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, HTML, SEO, CRM operations, Google Analytics, and MailChimp (or similar email marketing platform)
- Hands-on graphic design experience, including creating and editing original print and digital materials using Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), is required.
- Video editing skills are preferred.
A cover letter is required. Please include it with your resume and any other writing samples.
In addition to a competitive salary, this position is eligible for Boston University's generous benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, tuition remission, paid time off, and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular