Job location: Miami, FL Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R100037977 Current Employees:
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here
to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
TITLE: Hospitalist Clinician-Educator Track
INSTITUITION: University of Miami
DIVISION: Hospital Medicine
REPORTS TO: Chief, Division of Hospital Medicine
• Assistant Clinical Professor or
• Associate Clinical Professor
TYPE OF POSITION: Full time
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBLITIES:
The hospitalist in the clinical track is responsible for providing direct in-patient medical care to adult patients on medical and surgical services. He/she will also provide in-patient and out-patient medical consultation in a variety of settings. He/she will be involved with medical student, resident and fellow education. He/she must be leading an educational or administrative project within the division
OUTLINE OF ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS TO INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Direct care to adult non-surgical hospitalized patients
• Consultation for hospitalized patients on any service
• Coordinate internal medicine subspecialty care
• Consultation for non service unit patients by telephone
• Participate in quality improvement activities
• Participate in committee work
• Participate in medical student, resident and fellow education
• Provide leadership for academic projects in education, quality and safety or di vision/ departmental administration
• Valid American Board Certification in Internal Medicine
• Awarded degree of M.D. or D.O. from an ABIM recognized internal medicine residency
• Valid and unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligible to apply
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements.
• Must have excellent clinical knowledge and experience to provide safe and quality care to patients and meet institutional standards of care.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with staff, patients, and family members.
• Must demonstrate the ability to meet responsibilities of the position
There will be work on weekends, nights and holidays based on the needs of the Division
• Must be able to physically respond when on-call
• Hospital maintains safety and infection control programs in place to reduce risk to employee
No age requirements are associated with this position.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: