Adjunct - Criminal Justice
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-07-27
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University is currently seeking qualified candidates in the East Pasco, Florida area to be cleared and added to our adjunct availability pool. Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment-based student enrollment needs for upcoming terms. Select adjuncts from the pool are contracted term-by-term based on course/section need and availability. Saint Leo University reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment.
Applications are processed upon the receipt of all official transcripts while the posting is active.Job Description
In addition to your curriculum vitae/resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
· Cover Letter
· Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less), highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
Three (3) Names of References – Please list three names of recent professional references, including at least one recent supervisor. Be sure to include reference name, email and phone numbers. Transcripts Official transcripts are required for all adjuncts.
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted.
World Education Services (WES) Evaluation – A certified evaluation and translation from World Education Services (WES) is required for foreign transcripts and/or any and all degrees obtained from international universities. Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have official transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Full-time faculty positions are pending final budget approval prior to start of the academic year
Instructors will be responsible for teaching within the Criminal Justice discipline:
- CRM 123 - Introduction to Law and the Legal System
- CRM 220 - Survey of the Criminal Justice System
- CRM 321 - Substantive Criminal Law
- CRM 322 - Law of Criminal Procedure
- CRM 350 - Criminal Justice Ethics
- CRM 419 - Police Organization and Administration
- CRM 426 - Theories of Criminal Behavior
- CRM 499 - Senior Seminar in Criminal Justice
Adjuncts are required and agree to:
- Teach assigned courses as contracted.
- Provide all necessary information and teach materials as provided on the course syllabus.
- Submit final grades within three (3) days after the end of the term.
- Deliver in a professional manner course content for any assigned course(s) as specified by the master syllabus and/or as directed by the appropriate academic school dean, director, or chair.
- Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
- Be available to students before and after class for individual consultation.
- Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
- Abide by and uphold University policies and core values.
- Carry out instructor duties and responsibilities as provided on the website, handbook(s), and policies.
Adjuncts are assigned to specific teaching locations and report to their location administrator as it pertains to daily operations as defined in the term-by-term contractual agreement, but ultimately have responsibility to their discipline specific department chair or director and/or school dean.
A master’s degree and 18 graduate semester credit-hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited institution.