Under direct supervision of the Head of Facilities and Site Services, this position provides administrative and office support activities for the Facilities Department.
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.Responsibilities
- Maintains department calendar
- Prepares correspondence
- Schedules and organizes meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department
- Processes departmental expense reports
- Schedules interviews
- Maintains department website
- Orders supplies and office equipment
- Organize and maintain files
- Acts as backup to fill departmental needs
- Serves as administrative support for the creation of presentations and departmental documents
- Process credit card orders up to 3K for the department
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Expereince:
- High School diploma and 5+ years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Drive (including Sheets, Docs, and Slides)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Strong ability to multi-task and maintain flexibility
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work extended hours based on schedule needs when deadlines and urgent assignments are due.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.
Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo