College of Education: Clinical Instructor - School & Community Experiences - Curriculum and Ins...
The School and Community Experiences, in the College of Education, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, seeks Clinical Instructors to serve as direct supervisors of teacher candidates during their field experiences. The initial offer will be for a 0% appointment to be placed in a pool of candidates considered to teach courses. If selected to teach, salary will be determined based on course load and experience. The Clinical Instructors are responsible for coordination of the overall supervision throughout the semester.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Clinical supervisors make classroom observations of the student teachers and offer support and guidance to the cooperating teachers. The supervisor is also the major communication link between the placement school and the College of Education. Supervisors will meet regularly with School and Community Experiences (SCE) staff and have frequent communications with the methods instructors.
- Serving as liaison among student teachers, cooperating teachers, course instructors, and SCE staff.
- Observing student teachers during the field experience. The clinical instructor will also conduct goal-setting, pre-observation, and reflective post-observation conferences. A minimum of formal observations will be made for each placement experience.
- Providing oral and written feedback to teacher candidates after each formal observation.
- Stimulating reflective thinking about teacher candidates’ objectives, goals, strategies, and progress.
- Working collaboratively with cooperating teachers and SCE staff to enact established remediation processes for teacher candidates who need assistance in order to successfully complete program expectations.
- Coordinating the evaluation of teacher candidates with the cooperating teachers and the teacher candidate himself/herself.
- Facilitating seminars for teacher candidates in select geographic areas, as requested.
- Master’s degree or higher in education; or extensive previous clinical supervision experience or specialized training in high-needs content areas
- Teacher licensure
- Minimum of three (3) years of classroom teaching; considerable classroom teaching experience preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinos.edu and upload a cover letter that addresses your interest in supervising as a Clinical Instructor, area(s) of expertise, possible courses or content areas for which you are qualified, curriculum vita, and the name, address, and phone numbers of three references. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by November 30, 2020.
For further information regarding the position, you may contact Cara Gutzmer at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Education Category:1-Faculty Title:College of Education: Clinical Instructor - School & Community Experiences - Curriculum and Instruction (127549) Open Date:01/13/2020 Close Date:11/30/2020 Organization Name:Curriculum and Instruction