Associate (Adjunct) Faculty for Online Courses and Programs - Open Until Filled
Position Vacancy (Multiple Positions)
Saint Augustine’s University (SAU) is currently seeking experienced part-time associate faculty to teach in its upcoming online summer school (all areas) and undergraduate program in Organizational Management. We expect our online associate faculty members to be supportive, engaged professionals who are committed to providing high-quality facilitation and instruction. They will also support students by creating and sustaining a collaborative academic environment where students are encouraged to achieve their educational goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Oversee instruction of course material and online instruction using our learning management system (Blackboard)
- Provide a high level of student outreach and engagement through frequent feedback and maintaining an active presence in the online class
- Provide substantial student feedback and offer a quick turnaround on grades and responses to student contacts
- A master’s degree from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, with a minimum of 18 credit hours in one of the subject areas noted below
- At least three years’ professional/teaching experience within the subject area required
- Experience providing online instruction using Blackboard or other learning management systems
- Earned doctorate degree strongly preferred
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Information Technology
- Other general education related fields
SAU was established in 1867 in Raleigh, NC by the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina. A four-year liberal arts university with an average enrollment of approximately 1,000, SAU sits on 105 lush acres just north of Downtown Raleigh, North Carolina.
The institution offers more than 20 undergraduate degree programs and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The university is in the process of establishing online undergraduate and graduate programs. This is an exciting time to join an historic and growing university!
These positions will remain open until filled. Send the following application materials via e-mail to [email protected].
1. Cover Letter
3. Unofficial Transcripts (if hired an official transcript will be required)
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.