Adjunct Instructor, Public Health & Nutrition
Posting DetailsJob Summary / Basic Function
This position is responsible for teaching courses as assigned. This position reports directly to the Department Chair of Allied Health and Sciences. Hours vary depending on need and course schedule.
Major Essential Job Functions:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach courses as scheduled
• Attend adjunct faculty meetings
• Assess courses on departmental and institutional levels
• Complete Basic Blackboard Certification
• Complete Title IX training
• Must have reliable transportation for travel to assigned instructional sites
• Attend Teaching and Learning Center to upgrade teaching skills
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Required:
Master’s Degree in the subject area or a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 18 hours in the subject area.
Minimum Experience Required:
•Experience teaching in Higher Education
•Experience teaching in a technical or community college
•Knowledge of teaching methodologies/pedagogical strategies.
•Actively engage students in the learning process.
•Ability to work well in a team environment.
•Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
•Possess good time management skills.
•Maintain ethical and professional behavior.
•Aware of national issues and trends.
•Ability to perform basic skills in Microsoft Office applications.
•Ability to easily adapt to learning technologies.
•Familiarity with policies and procedures contained in TSUS and LIT Policies and Procedures Manual.
While performing the essential functions of this job, work is normally performed in a typical classroom/office environment with moderate noise.
LIT Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar Institute of Technology by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred QualificationsSecurity Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork HoursOpen Date12/23/2019Open Until FilledYesClose DatePosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * In what field of study did you earn a Master's degree in?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of teaching experience in Higher Education do you have?
- 0-3 years
- 4-6 years
- 7-10 years
- 10+ years
- * How many years of experience do you have teaching at the Community College or Technical College level?
- 6 or more
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1