Adjunct Instructor, Child Care
Job Summary / Basic Function:
This position is responsible for teaching courses as assigned. This position reports directly to the Program Director of Child Care and Development. Hours vary depending on need and course schedule.
Major Essential Job Functions
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach courses as scheduled
• Attend adjunct faculty meetings
• Assess courses on departmental and institutional levels
• Complete Basic Blackboard Certification
• Complete Title IX training
• Must have reliable transportation for travel to assigned instructional sites
• Attend Teaching and Learning Center to upgrade teaching skills
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Required:
• Associate’s Degree in subject area for CDA Certificate, Child Care & Development Certificate I and Certificate in Administration of Programs II
• Master’s Degree in the subject area or a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 18 hours in the subject area for TECA courses.
Minimum Experience Required:
• Two years’ experience in licensed Child Care facility
• Experience teaching in Higher Education
• Experience teaching in a technical or community college
•Knowledge of teaching methodologies/pedagogical strategies.
•Actively engage students in the learning process.
•Ability to work well in a team environment.
•Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
•Possess good time management skills.
•Maintain ethical and professional behavior.
•Aware of national issues and trends.
•Ability to perform basic skills in Microsoft Office applications.
•Ability to easily adapt to learning technologies.
•Familiarity with policies and procedures contained in TSUS and LIT Policies and Procedures Manual.
While performing the essential functions of this job, work is normally performed in a typical classroom/office environment with moderate noise.
LIT Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar Institute of Technology by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
12/23/2019Open Until Filled: