Tenure-TrackFaculty Position # 350537
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
TheSchool of Education & Human Development (SEHD) at the University ofColorado Denver announces a tenure-track faculty position in the CACREPAccredited Counseling Program beginning in the fall of 2020. The focus of the counseling program is to educate competent counselors who valueinclusion and prize diversity such that they are prepared to offer a continuumof mental health services across a variety of settings for the benefit of thecommunity and the society.
The University ofColorado Denver is one of four campuses in the University of ColoradoSystem. As Colorado’s only public urban research university, CU Denvereducates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research,creative work and civic engagement in the city we call home. In 2018, the campusserved 15,232 students – 11,013 undergraduates and 3,766 graduate students. Weoffer 112 degree programs -- 40 undergraduate degrees, 58 master’s degrees and14 doctoral degrees through our eight schools and colleges: College ofArchitecture and Planning, College of Arts & Media, Business School, Schoolof Education & Human Development, College of Engineering, Design andComputing, Graduate School, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and School ofPublic Affairs. The School of Education & Human Development is ranked amongthe top schools for education according to U.S. News & World Report.We attract students who are passionate about careers in teaching and mentalhealth. We match their passion with an education that is rooted in diversity,technology, proven approaches and real-world practice.
- Teachgraduate courses in the Counseling program, including courses in the CACREPcore content areas, across program areas and specialty courses related to clinicalmental health counseling and/or school counseling. Infuse culturally inclusivecurriculum and social justice content into all courses.
- Developand carry out a rigorous research agenda. Engage actively with other faculty in the development and elaboration ofthe School’s research themes such as equity, urban populations, cultural and diversityissues.
- Supportthe ongoing development of the master’s degree in counseling program through programevaluation, using and developing performance-based assessments aligned withCACREP, course development and revision.
- Providelive clinical supervision as a licensed mental health professional.
- Provideservice through committee work and other projects to the program, SEHD, andUniversity and on the state and/or national level
- Supportthe development and maintenance of partnerships within the greater Denver areacommunity.
Thisis a full-time academic year position. Opportunity for summer teaching isavailable. Salary is commensurate with qualifications. The University ofColorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefitsprograms, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Position availability: August 10th, 2020
Pleaseprepare the following materials for submission. All applications must besubmitted through the University's online job application site: http://www.jobsatcu.com.
Open untilfilled. All materials received becomethe property of the University of Colorado Denver.
Addressinquiries regarding the faculty position to the search committee chair:
Addressinquiries about the application process or submission of application materialsto: [email protected].
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Adoctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited doctoral program
- Experiencein the counseling field.
- Licensureor eligibility for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor in the Stateof Colorado (if license eligible, Colorado licensure must be completed withinone year of start date)
- Demonstratedsuccess or potential for success in teaching and mentoring graduate students.
- Demonstratedsuccess or potential for success in strong productivity in researchparticularly in areas including or related to cultural competence/culturallyresponsive practices, children and adolescents, career counseling, equity andaccess.
- Commitmentto the professional field of counseling and counselor education evidenced byinvolvement in professional organizations.
- Demonstrated success or potential for successin grant writing and grant management.
- ClinicalSupervision Experience.
- Evidence of cultural competency and inclusion inprior experiences as practitioner, instructor and researcher
- Clear evidence that race, ethnicity, gender,sexual orientation, social status, religion, and veteran status and/or othersocial justice issues are addressed in past syllabi, teaching, and supervision.
- Experience related to working with children andadolescents
- Experience working with graduate students ininstruction, supervision, and mentoring activities.
- Historyof collaborative research and/or grant funded projects
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Dec 26, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing