DIRECTOR OF ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT & LEARNING, Office of the Vice President and Associate P...
DIRECTOR OF ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT & LEARNING, Office of the Vice President and Associate Provost for Community and InclusionTracking Code0849 Job Description
The Director of Organizational Development and Learning in the Office of the Vice President and Associate Provost for Community and Inclusion will lead all aspects of Organizational Development and Learning for Boston University's 10,000 staff and faculty. The Director will join BU at a crucial time as the University looks to the future, aligning the OD&L function with both the University's DEI operations and its focus on building healthier, more effective communities. This placement will enable the team to work more assuredly within the academic program as well as within the administrative areas of the University.
The department is seeking a forward-thinking leader, who can operate as an architect and engineer, providing both vision and operational heft. The Director will manage the OD&L team, lead/coordinate existing programs, and identify and develop new programs and resources. Further, because of the complexity of human identity and its relation to workplace operations, the new Director must have some level of DEI expertise, and a proven track record of successfully incorporating DEI principles/outcomes into OD&L practices. At this time of dynamic, complex change, the Director will have the opportunity to reimagine OD&L's current footprint. And within a resource-constrained environment, this new leader should find exciting the opportunity to think creatively about demonstrating existing resources around and across the organization to expand BU's OD&L capacity. Further, this position will have the ability to undertake complex crises, partner with and mentor leaders, and develop holistic and successful interventions.
The successful candidate must have:
- Collaborative and leadership skills that can work effectively with and on behalf of a broad range of constituents, including staff members, faculty, academic leaders, administrators, and members of the Boston community,
- DEI expertise,
- Savvy interpersonal and communication skills to communicate the office's principles regularly,
- A keen understanding of the Academy’s hierarchies.
- 10-15 years of progressive advancement in Organizational Development and Learning
- Strong management and oversight experience
- Program design and development
- Expertise in mentoring, coaching, training and assessment
- DEI experience
- Advanced degree
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven track record of envisioning and operationalizing successful outcomes/project.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular