Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-08-21
JOB TITLECustodianLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMETrades & OperationsDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYPerforms custodial functions in campus academic and non-academic buildings. This position is responsible for maintaining assigned areas in a neat, clean and sanitary manner. Successful candidate needs to be able to work in a diverse environment with Students, Staff, Faculty and Visitors.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Receives assignments in either a verbal or written form from a supervisor.
- Follows a routine schedule utilizing approved procedures. Maintains various flooring types; dusts and washes walls, partitions, windows; maintains bathroom, showers and other similar facilities. Removes trash and other related duties as assigned.
- Is responsible, as assigned, for unlocking and locking various interior and exterior building doors.
- Operates power operated custodial equipment.
- Moves and relocates furniture, small equipment and belongings not characteristic of rigging.
- During winter, clears snow from steps and exits as assigned.
- For sponsored events, sets up, assists at and returns campus facilities to their original state of use.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- High School education required.
- Ability to use various types of cleaning equipment, both powered and non powered.
- Successful candidates will need to pass a Criminal Check and Drivers License Check.