Building Services Technician (Full time)
Building Services Technician (Full time)Tracking Code663-674 Job Description
Valparaiso University now invites applicants for our full-time Building Services Technician position. This position is responsible for providing a clean, healthy, and well-maintained area of assignment. Working in accordance with established policies and procedures this position will perform manual work in a variety of cleaning duties in and around university buildings and facilities. This includes but not limited to classrooms, lab rooms, offices, residence halls, guest rooms, and restrooms.
Monday through Friday 4:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Performs cleaning duties in areas as assigned such as; wash and sanitize toilets, sinks, showers, and restocking dispensers, straightening, dusting, wiping surfaces, vacuuming /sweeping mopping and floors, clean white/chalk boards, wash windows, wash walls, wash/wipe down trash cans, take out trash, etc.
- Unlock/lock buildings
- Keep interior and exterior entrances safe and clean
- Cleans spills, soiled areas and other conditions as observed and or directed
- Maintains all equipment and supplies in proper condition, and are properly stored
- Ensures work areas are safe and that procedures regarding cleaners or objects are strictly adhered to
- Stock all equipment and supply carts with adequate supplies.
- Ensure cleaning schedules are followed
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Report maintenance and repair needs via the work order system
- Work with Building Services Supervisor to promote safety
- Other duties as assigned
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work well with little or no supervision and take direction
- Must be able to maintain a courteous, friendly, and helpful attitude with the all individuals on campus.
- Must be cooperative and willing to help fellow coworkers at all times.
- Ability to exercise care in the use of cleaning materials for different types of building surfaces.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; associate degree preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Must present a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance
- Must be in good physical health; walking/standing, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling or standing about 95% of the time.