Remote Video Monitor Technician/Certified Nurse Aide - Staffing Resource Office
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-06-16
Responsible for providing constant patient observation and monitoring of assigned high risk patients. Observation includes more than one patient at a time at the monitoring station. The Remote Video Monitor Technician (RVMT) must be able to clearly see all patients for which the team member is responsible at all times.
Must be able to verbally redirect the patient from engaging in identifiable risk behaviors. The RVMT will notify the unit nursing team through communication devices or alarms if the patient requires immediate assistance. Must be able to utilize the technology required for visualization and interventions for safe patient care in accordance with departmental standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of electronic systems for role of Remote Video Monitoring.
* Identifies variances and initiates follow-up actions.
* Documents patient data.
* Serves in supportive roving tech role to constantly maintain patient and team member safety.
* In addition to the above job responsibilities , other duties may be assigned.Position Compensation Range: $12.75 - $19.19 Hourly
- Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Experience: No experience required. Relevant experience preferred. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Licensure: Certified Nurse Aid in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Student nurses who have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Nursing course are exempt from the Certified Nurse Aid requirement. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping, reaching (overhead, extensive, and repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, and cold.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.