Business Leadership Faculty, Part-Time (Adjunct Pool)
Posting DetailsPosition TitleBusiness Leadership Faculty, Part-Time (Adjunct Pool)Requisition NumberFAC00329General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The Business Administration Department includes a variety of degrees and certificates in the areas of Business Leadership, General Business, Accounting, Culinary Arts, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Fashion Merchandising and Marketing, Automotive Technology, and Technical Studies. The department strives to meet the needs of all students interested in obtaining an education in these areas and is focused on preparing business leaders, professionals, and entrepreneurs for successful careers. Many of our students transfer to some of the best business schools in the Philadelphia area while others move directly into new jobs or progress in their current career paths. In addition to our newly developed AAS Business Leadership degree and Business Leadership proficiency certificate, we offer a first-year experience course with a business leadership focus.
The Business Administration department invites applications for adjunct faculty positions in Business Leadership for the 2020 Spring and Fall semesters.
*Applicant credentials will be kept on file until 12/31/2020.Specific Responsibilities
• Teach Business Leadership courses to students with a broad range of career interests.
• Active participation in industry related professional development activities, meetings, and/or conferences.
• Help community college students further develop their self-leadership skills and professional attitudes and behaviors for college and workplace success.
• Communicate effectively, focus on people, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Utilize effective teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth and service to the profession.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications
• Master’s degree in organizational leadership, human resources, business communication and other disciplines taught in a business school setting (e.g. administration, marketing, management, accounting, finance, operations, hospitality), or a related degree with 18 graduate credit hours in the above areas.
• Candidates with a business-oriented master’s degree must have at least 1 year of leadership experience. Candidates with a leadership-oriented master’s degree must have at least 1 year of business experience. A minimum of 3 years work experience in business or leadership positions is required.
• Ability to deliver required, predefined course elements, while drawing from own knowledge and experiences to engage students and make the course one’s own.
• At least one year of teaching experience.Preferred Qualifications
• Two or more years of teaching experience at a community college.
• Five or more years of work experience in business and leadership positions.
• Broad knowledge or awareness of various business professions.
• Knowledge and willingness to develop and teach online and web enhanced courses.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 3 professional referenced REQUIRED.
• Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankSalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master’s degree in organizational leadership, human resources, business communication or other disciplines taught in a business school setting (e.g. administration, marketing, management, accounting, finance, operations, hospitality), or a related degree with 18 graduate credit hours in the above areas.
- * For candidates with a business-oriented master’s degree, do you have at least 1 year of leadership experience? For candidates with a leadership-oriented master’s degree, do you have at least 1 year of business experience? For a minimum of 3 years work experience in business or leadership positions.
- * Do you have at least one year of teaching experience?
- * Do you have two or more years of teaching experience at a community college?
- * Do you have five or more years of work experience in business and leadership positions?
- * Do you have broad knowledge or awareness of various business professions, and knowledge and willingness to develop and teach online and web enhanced courses?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)