Special Events Manager
Special Events Manager
Posting Number: S01392
Develop, plan, and execute events to advance relationships with Middlebury prospects, donors, and volunteers, leveraging the incredible faculty, students, and facilities of the College. Collaborate with colleagues to articulate event objectives and outcomes, and design event programs, marketing materials, and event-follow up to achieve desired outcomes. Also responsible for coordinating all event logistics, including catering, venue, transportation, signage, decorations, audio/visual, invitation lists, invitations, programs, and presentation materials, as well as drafting event briefing documents for the President and other staff.
This posting is currently accepting internal applicants only. Internal applicants are active Middlebury College employees and their spouse or partner.
Earliest anticipated start date is January 3, 2020.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Work collaboratively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
- Collaborate with colleagues to determine and articulate event objectives and outcomes.
- Use BaseCamp project management system to create timeline for each event and manage tasks, making strategic changes as needed.
- Determine invitation criteria and work with Director of CA Communications to design and produce save the dates, invitations, and other associated materials (event programs, etc.).
- Coordinate all event logistics: venues (contact venues, develop relationships with staff, review and sign contracts, etc.); catering, transportation, signage, decorations, audio/visual, and presentation materials.
- Coordinate with alumni and parent hosts regarding event details.
- Coordinate with event speakers regarding details, including travel.
- Develop and institute a plan to thank and recognize hosts, speakers, volunteers, etc.
- Create follow up plans for event attendees.
- Write event briefings and disseminate to staff, events hosts, speakers, and others as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of desktop applications and relational databases.
Must be incredibly well organized and able to manage multiple events concurrently. Must be detailed oriented, able to work well and maintain composure under pressure, and solve problems. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Evening and weekend work required; some travel.
Minimum of 5 years related experience required. Experience in a fundraising environment preferred. Effective interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/20328
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency