Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R-026202 Job Title
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
NursingProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
APPLICANT: Before you apply please have all documents available to upload during the application process. See Instructions below.
The Department of Nursing seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for Fall 2018, part-time adjunct faculty appointments.
- Successful applicants will teach up to six semester credit hours within the required discipline at on campus or off-campus sites as dictated by student demand.
- Hold office hours and assist students as needed.
Major/Essential Duties of Job:
- Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- A terminal degree in Nursing or a closely related field is required to teach graduate coursework.
- A Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field is required to teach undergraduate courses.
- Requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or university teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
Required Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations:
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to upload documents. The page “My Experience” has a boxed area labeled “Resume/CV” to drop or upload files. Here is where you are required to drop/upload the following:
• Cover Letter
• At least 3 references and their full contact information, and
• Transcripts (if a degree is required)
Applications submitted to Texas A&M University-Commerce must have all required documents provided by the applicant. Failure to provide a completed job application could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.