Nursing Assistant (NA) Adjunct Professor
Posting DetailsJob Posting TitleNursing Assistant (NA) Adjunct ProfessorLocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)Department LocationPosting NumberF00183PThe Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office complex. The District office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’ student populations.Position Summary
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
Adjunct pools are district wide. However, specific college hiring information is provided below:
For American River College (ARC) campus, the adjunct faculty member works under the supervision of the nursing director and area dean. The goal of this teaching assignment is to support the student in the clinical setting by assisting students to correlate classroom content with the practical realities of the clinical setting and increase students’ ability to problem-solve clinical issues as a member of the health care team.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Supporting a learning environment that promotes student success.
● Innovative teaching that encourages life-long learning, critical thinking, and engagement.
● Effectively working with diverse populations of students.
● Incorporating contextualized learning to promote student engagement and understanding.
● Knowledge of trends and challenges facing community college students.
● Adherence to the Board of Registered Nursing guidelines.
Duties specific to the American River College campus:
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: offering clinical guidance and providing supervision to nursing assistant students in a skilled nursing facility setting and in collaboration with the Nursing Assistant Program Department Chair.
The instructional assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers (LRCFT) contract Article 2 (The initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8).
The adjunct faculty member, in collaboration with the full-time College Nurse, shall be responsible for:
● Assisting students and employees in the effective use of health services.
● Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of public health nursing materials, methods and procedures.
● Maintaining high standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to an individuals professional position.
● Fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
● Assuming other duties as assigned by the area administrator of Student Health Services.
● Assessing and evaluating the general health status of students and staff, focusing on prevention, recognition and early treatment of illness.
● Performing appropriate and evaluative techniques and screenings, such as blood pressure, tuberculin skin, etc.
● Providing confidential health counseling for students and college personnel with referral to appropriate resources within the college or community as appropriate.
● Maintaining liaison with community health agencies and use these health services resources for students and staff through an organized referral system.
● Protecting the wellbeing of the LRCCD community through prevention and control of communicable diseases.
● Maintaining standards and procedures for first aid care; provide appropriate first aid care as necessary on campus.
● Supporting an ongoing program of health education for the college community through classroom presentations, bulletins, newsletters, seminars and workshops.
● Assisting in maintaining a safe and healthful college environment by identifying hazards and recommending safety improvements.
● Completing duties as assigned by the supervisor including preparing reports, attending meetings, working with advisory committees and other related duties.
● Working with other college departments to meet the health needs of the campus community, including such services as emergency response, program-mandated immunizations, and educational programs requirements.
1. Have a bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited institution, AND two years of nursing experience with no less than one year in providing direct patient care and services to chronically ill or elderly patients in an acute care hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, home care, hospice care or other long-term care setting; OR have an associate’s degree in Nursing; AND three years of nursing experience with no less than one year in providing direct patient care and services to chronically ill or elderly patients in an acute care hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, home care, hospice care or other long-term care setting.
2. A valid current California license as a licensed vocational nurse (LVN) or registered nurse (RN).
3. Must hold and maintain the necessary licenses, certificates, etc., as needed for an external agency accreditation.
4. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement..Application Instructions
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District adjunct faculty posting are required to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating completed or conferred date)
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation (if using Interfolio, please send attachments to [email protected])
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents listed above will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.Physical DemandsSalaryPlease see LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to notePosting DateClosing DateOpen ContinuouslyYesBeginning and/or Ending Dates
Part-time, Faculty Position. Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/3016Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed click on the link and download the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: San Francisco
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento African American Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document