Program Representative- Indianapolis, IN Education Center
Program Representative- Indianapolis, IN
The individual in this position has primary responsibility to recruit, and enroll students and to assist with initial retention of students for assigned degree programs or certifications. As the primary representative of IWU to prospective students seeking to obtain a degree in one of the aforementioned areas, the person filling this position must have excellent specific knowledge of the degree programs and a superior general understanding of the target audiences for which the programs are designed. Working in consultation with the Assistant/Associate Director of Enrollment, this person assists in developing and modifying plans to recruit, enroll, and retain students for these programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Apply the AES enrollment and contact strategies to serve students in a timely manner through the process of discovery, admissions, and enrollment process.
2. Initiate contact to a new prospective student within 24 hours of the 1st
3. Supply information regarding the various programs AES represents to prospective students and at times influencers (e.g., employers, supervisors, etc.).
4. Coach students through a healthy process of discovery and exploration on their education options, which include building rapport, uncovering concerns,
exploring students learning styles and optimal fit for online or onsite
5. Accurately maintain student records in AES system to insure proper reporting, forecasting and projecting of enrollment efforts and fruitfulness.
6. Manage efforts and fruitfulness to balance student recruitment activities (Calls, Talk Time, Emails, etc…) and student servicing activities (Applications, Clearing, Registration, and Class Close, Class Starts, etc…).
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in college recruitment, sales, marketing, and/or public relations preferred.
1. Superior communication skills (spoken, written, group, individual)
2. Advanced computer skills with working experience in word processing, spreadsheets, database usage, e-mail, Internet, etc.
3. Ability to relate well to working professionals
4. Ability to work independently, especially in the area of arranging and conducting on-site information meetings and influencer visits
5. Excellent organizational ability
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer