Hematology/Oncology Physician: University of Virginia Health System Physicians Group
Job location: Other Locations
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-06-05
The UVA Physicians Group seeks applicants to fill a position for a Hematology/Medical Oncology Physician in our UVA Cancer Center – Charlottesville area (Augusta location).
UVA Cancer Center Community Oncology, with several locations throughout Virginia, specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and long-term care of adult patients with cancer and blood disorders. We offer patients quality treatment options and easy access to the technology, clinical trials, and advanced capabilities of UVA, if necessary. Our staff is highly skilled and explores all treatment options in a fully integrated, patient-focused approach. In addition to our physicians, our care team includes oncology-certified nurses, support nurses and other support personnel.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Clinical: • Works in conjunction with the medical director, administrative management and nursing staff to facilitate superior patient management.
• Exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosing, and initiation of medical processes or procedures commensurate with training and experience and as credentialed by the UVA Health System.
• Performs and documents comprehensive health histories and physical assessments on assigned patients. Formulates diagnoses, identifies problems and health risk profiles of selected patients and documentation, and communicates this information to other members of the healthcare team. Performs orders and interprets diagnostic studies, such as x-rays and laboratory tests, in consultation with staff.
• Requests consultation and initiates referrals to other physicians, including specialists and other healthcare providers when and if necessary.
• Counsels and supports patients and families regarding disease process and treatment plan, thus facilitating communication between patients/families and healthcare team.
Administrative Duties Include: • Preparing and attending to all reports, claims, and correspondence necessary or appropriate to the performance of the professional services.
• Promoting the professional practice of the group.
• Performing other duties as assigned occasionally that are commensurate with professional service normally and customarily provided by a physician.
• Following policies and procedures, including those of UPG, UVA Health System, CMS and other contracted payers with which the group may contract.
• Accurately assigning Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Codes and ICD Diagnosis codes.
• Working with administrative management on the implementation of policies regarding Advanced Beneficiary Notices (ABN) and other payor requirements necessary to ensure the timely payment of claims.
Requirements: • Board Certified or Board Eligible.
For additional information related to the position, please contact:
Ellen Gilliland @ email@example.com Office: 433-970-2489 or cell: 434-282-5854
Graduate of Accredited Medical School with Degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO). Completion of Accredited Residency and Fellowship in chosen specialty,
Experience: prefer 1-2 years
Licensure: Current Virginia License or LE
BC or BE
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.