Adjunct Instructor for Technical Dual Enrollment
Job Summary / Basic Function:
Job Summary:Due to the growth of the Dual Enrollment opportunities in Career and Technical Education (CTE) with local Independent School Districts, positions for adjunct technical instructor positions are open – effective Fall 2019.
Major Essential Job Functions:
• Teach courses as scheduled
• Maintain one office hour per week/per course.
• Attend adjunct faculty meetings
• Assess courses on departmental and institutional levels
• Complete Basic Blackboard Certification
• Complete Title IX training
• Must have reliable transportation for travel to assigned instructional sites
• Attend Teaching and Learning Center to upgrade teaching skills
• Other duties as assigned
Secondary Essential Job Functions:
Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the Institute.
Minimum Education Required:Associate’s Degree in the subject area. Work experience in the field related to the discipline may be used when credentialing.
Minimum Experience Required: Experience requirements will vary depending on discipline being taught.
Specific Certifications/Licenses may be required depending on discipline being taught.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good time management skills
• Ethical and professional behavior
• Awareness of national issues and trends in education and related field
• Ability to use computers for email, word documents and basic spreadsheets
Physical Requirements:The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment with moderate noise.
Lamar Institute of Technology Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar Institute of Technology by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
02/13/2019Open Until Filled: