Adjunct Instructor for Technical Dual Enrollment
Posting DetailsJob Summary / Basic Function
Job Summary:Due to the growth of the Dual Enrollment opportunities in Career and Technical Education (CTE) with local Independent School Districts, positions for adjunct technical instructor positions are open – effective Fall 2019.
Major Essential Job Functions:
• Teach courses as scheduled
• Maintain one office hour per week/per course.
• Attend adjunct faculty meetings
• Assess courses on departmental and institutional levels
• Complete Basic Blackboard Certification
• Complete Title IX training
• Must have reliable transportation for travel to assigned instructional sites
• Attend Teaching and Learning Center to upgrade teaching skills
• Other duties as assigned
Secondary Essential Job Functions:
Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the Institute.
Minimum Education Required:Associate’s Degree in the subject area. Work experience in the field related to the discipline may be used when credentialing.
Minimum Experience Required: Experience requirements will vary depending on discipline being taught.
Specific Certifications/Licenses may be required depending on discipline being taught.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good time management skills
• Ethical and professional behavior
• Awareness of national issues and trends in education and related field
• Ability to use computers for email, word documents and basic spreadsheets
Physical Requirements:The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment with moderate noise.
Lamar Institute of Technology Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar Institute of Technology by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred QualificationsSecurity Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork HoursOpen Date02/13/2019Open Until FilledYesClose DatePosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * Do you have an Associate's degree?
- * In what subject did you receive your Associate's degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of teaching experience do you have? Please list the institutions where you have taught.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter