Post Doctoral Research Associate - Electrical & Computer Engineering
Job no: 503712
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Electrical & Computer Eng
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Nov 08 2019
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The successful applicant will conduct analytical and experimental research in the areas of additive manufacturing for RF and MW devices and help immediate supervisor in writing scholarly articles and proposals.
- PhD (or equivalent) in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related
Given the nature and responsibilities of the position, only U.S. persons (any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)) will be considered for this position
- A record of publication
- Experience with collaborative interdisciplinary research
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of the subject discipline
- Knowledge of modern research methods, data collection and analyses
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and writing
- Skill in analyzing and evaluating data
- 1-2 years Post Doctoral experience preferred
- Previous experience in printed electronics highly desirable
- Strong background in materials and RF desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for one year with a renewal contingent upon funding and successful performance.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process. Submission of a publication list, research interest, research statement and sample of scholarly work/publication is optional.