Part-Time Aquatic Program Planner
Part-Time Aquatic Program Planner
Posting Number: 0000943
PS Position#: 0090870
Position Status: Part-Time
Department: Wellness Center
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Under the supervision of the Wellness Coordinator, this position will assist in the operation of the Lee College swimming pool through planning, coordinating, scheduling, marketing, managing, and evaluating a variety of programs to increase pool usage.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and publicize aquatic activities, ensuring maximum effectiveness in attracting and motivating participants and in providing a wide range of activities in terms of student, employee, and community interests and needs.
- Perform regular needs assessment and program evaluation to determine student, employee, and community needs and how to increase program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with College departments and external stakeholders to develop programs and partnerships that increase usage of the indoor pool.
- Ensure high level of customer service, which enhances program, participant, and guest experience and satisfaction.
- Perform regular safety inspections of pool and equipment to reduce hazards and to provide maximum safety to patrons.
- Assist in the operations and maintenance of the pool, all pool systems, and chemicals, including pool deck, locker rooms, storage areas, etc.
- Serve as Lee College onsite representative to ensure proper use of pool facilities by patrons as well as internal and external groups.
- Receive patron complaints and suggestions and respond appropriately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree, successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours, or an additional two (2) years of related work experience (in addition to the one (1) year requirement below - for a total of three (3) years of related work experience) in lieu of education
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Able to work with the public and possess excellent public relation skills
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to create effective working relationships with students, employees, and the public
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, management, and the general public
- Must be customer-service oriented, a customer friendly attitude, and professional appearance at all times
- Must be available to evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as needed
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- WSI/LGI certification
- Knowledge in planning, organizing, marketing, and implementing aquatic programs
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts of college coursework. (Official transcripts must be provided if hired.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6014
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency