IT Analyst/Programmer II
PG190247EPInternal Recruitment :
IT Analyst/Programmer IIAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with Experience ($74,115 - $90,000)Work Schedule:
40 hrs/wk (Monday - Friday / 8:00 am-5:00 pm or 7:00 am-4:00 pm)Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Dairy Records ProcessingAbout the Department:
Dairy Records Management Systems (DRMS) provides herd management records and software to dairy farmers located in 44 states and Puerto Rico. Dairy farmers are members of Dairy Herd Improvement Associations (DHIAs). DRMS aggregates and edits the data that has been keyed into its software by DHIA technicians at any of the 15,000+ dairy farms. It merges the farm data with results of lab analyses for milk samples collected from each cow and produces management reports that are mailed from one of six mail centers. DRMS develops all of its own software that is used for data collection, lab management, data merging, record computation, report generation, print center management and data backup.Essential Job Duties:
Provide independent leadership in the design, development, and maintenance of dairy management software applications for distributed software and hosted network and computer systems operations. This developer works closely with management to review requirements, and then deliver solutions that are effective, efficient, maintainable, and secure. Solutions are highly complex, ranging from the application of dairy science and farm management methodologies, as well as collaboration with external vendors, third-party system interfaces, third-party analytical laboratories, and third-party accounting software.
- Design, implement, and document technical software solutions that may include core DHIA/DRMS business rules, system interfaces, daily operations, and other relevant projects.
- Collaborate with other staff during software testing and maintenance. Provide tools to facilitate testing.
- Collaborate with other staff in the distribution and installation of software updates and entire systems.
- Develop and use comprehensive knowledge of DRMS technologies and products during general software development as well as in the application of DRMS- and dairy-specific algorithms, practices, data structures, and business practices.
- Assist management in designing systems and strategies as the needs of agricultural clients evolve.
- Monitor advances in software development methodologies that should be applied at DRMS.
- Advise management on the risk and stability of new software solutions as well as existing systems.
- Manage projects that require independent research and system design. Exercise judgment with latitude on actions and decisions.
- Consult with other developers, operations, and support staff in regards to software function, desired operations, and adherence to relevant standards or methods.
- Advise staff members on proper operation of relevant systems and interpretation of system errors, logs, and other operational output.
- Conduct research into existing code, methods and operations, and advise on porting business rules to other platforms.
A post-baccalaureate degree and at least one year of experience OR a Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DRMS codebase, program flow, and related data storage structures
- Knowledge of dairy-related algorithms and DRMS business rules
- Ability to design and implement effective, efficient, maintainable, secure technical solutions
- Ability to consult with management and internal staff members to assess requirements
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify solutions
- Ability to provide documentation and other materials needed to support other staff
N/ARequired License(s) or Certification(s):
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
11/06/2019Special Instructions to Applicants:
In addition to your application please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
110705 - Dairy Records ProcessingAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.