DIRECTOR OF CYBER SECURITY & IT COMPLIANCE
DIRECTOR OF CYBERSECURITY & IT COMPLIANCE
Note: This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position.
Responsible for the ongoing prevention, detection, and response to Cybersecurity events at the college. Will also select tools and develop an approach to assess current physical and logical security posture for on-premise and cloud systems, the campus network, and endpoints. Also responsible for monitoring ongoing Cyber threats and establishing a risk-based approach to minimizing exposure. Capable of working with external staff and service providers to develop metrics and optimize compliance practices. Should also be familiar with IT compliance requirements including, but not limited to, FERPA, HIPAA, GDPR, PCI, and NIST-800 171. This position reports to the VP/CIO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Security incident response and investigation
- Security assessments
- Vulnerably assessments
- Selection and implementation of security tools
- Security advisements on key business initiatives including physical building and network projects
- Vendor risk assessments
- Security policy awareness
- Physical security
- Emergency response
- Security technology deployments
- Security incident reporting
- IT Compliance assessment and remediation
Educations and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in IT Security, Information Systems, or a related field is required.
- 5-7 years’ experience in information security and related tools with previous experience developing and implementing Cyber Security and compliance programs.
- CISSP, CISM preferred
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE