Vice President for University Advancement
Central Washington University is one of six state-assisted, four-year institutions of higher education in Washington. A regional comprehensive university, CWU offers baccalaureate and graduate degrees in more than 135 academic programs. Located in the heart of Washington State, Ellensburg is approximately 100 miles and under 2 hours away from the Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue metropolitan area. For additional information about the University, visit: http://www.cwu.edu. For additional information about Ellensburg, visit: http://www.myellensburg.com OR http://www.kittitascountychamber.com
The Vice President for University Advancement is responsible for providing strategic leadership in the design and implementation of capital development initiatives: comprehensive capital campaigns, college initiatives, and other institutional advancement programs, including alumni relations initiatives. As a member of the President’s Cabinet, the VP for University Advancement will work closely with academic and administrative leadership to strengthen and significantly increase fund raising efforts that play a key role in advancing the mission and vision of Central Washington University. The advancement function includes responsibility for capital campaigns, annual funds, corporate and foundation relations, major principal gifts and gift planning, endowments, foundation operations, stewardship and alumni relations efforts.
- Proven record of development and fund raising success including goal setting, aligning goals and strategies with the broader institutional vision
- Demonstrated leadership style based on integrity, transparency, and inclusiveness, with a proven ability to influence others beyond formal authority
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage professional staff and manage human, financial, and information resources strategically
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated record of major gift cultivation
- Demonstrated experience with a comprehensive capital campaign
- An understanding of the importance of, and demonstrated success in, promoting diversity and inclusion among staff and volunteers
- Bachelor's degree and ten years of fundraising or development experience
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Master's degree
- Development experience within a higher education setting
- Working knowledge of the philanthropic community
- CFRE credentials (Certified Fund Raising Executive)
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins Immediately and will continue until filled
**Incomplete applications will not be considered.