Vice President for Enrollment Management
Central Washington University is one of six state-assisted, four-year institutions of higher education in Washington. A regional comprehensive university, CWU offers baccalaureate and graduate degrees in more than 135 academic programs. Located in the heart of Washington State, Ellensburg is approximately 100 miles and under 2 hours away from the Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue metropolitan area. For additional information about the University, visit: http://www.cwu.edu. For additional information about Ellensburg, visit: http://www.myellensburg.com OR http://www.kittitascountychamber.com
The Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM) provides leadership for the Division of Enrollment Management, including development and implementation of financial aid and tuition waiver policy; enrollment recruitment programming; budget development; staff leadership and development; administration of admissions appeals and petitions; and implementation of Game On! and other programs. In collaboration with university leadership, the VPEM is responsible for developing and implementing the strategic enrollment management plan, which articulates recruitment activities for all categories of students and all service modalities and locations in order to provide a long-term strategic and sustainable enrollment plan.
The VPEM reports to the president and is a member of the President’s Cabinet, President’s Budget Advisory Committee, and the University Policy Advisory Council. The VPEM supports collaborative and constructive relationships with other departments, in particular, those within Academic and Student Life and the Department of Public Affairs. The VPEM is an enthusiastic and effective advocate for diversity and inclusion in student and employee recruitment and retention and in the workplace.
The VPEM must be a highly efficient, results-oriented and data-driven individual with strong business acumen, proven ability to lead and knowledge of best practices and current trends in the field of enrollment.
- A master’s degree and at least five years of progressive experience in enrollment management, enrollment finance, and/or enrollment marketing.
The position requires experience in the following:
- Proven experience in personnel management and development
- Strategic enrollment recruitment planning and implementation
- Successful student recruitment and enrollment
- Data-driven decision making and strategic planning
- Experience in the use of customer relations management software
- Experience adapting recruitment and retention strategies to emerging marketing platforms
The position requires the following competencies:
- Vision, strategic thinking with a data-driven decision-making mindset;
- Positive, innovative outlook and communication style;
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation / communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team and work effectively in a diverse environment;
- An exceptional commitment to student and employee inclusion and diversity.
- A doctoral degree and ten years of progressive experience in enrollment management;
- Demonstrated experience in activity-based budgeting (ABB) and/or responsibility-centered management (RCM);
- Record of transparent and efficient financial and budget management;
- Demonstrated ability to support change management: anticipate and/or respond to the changing regulatory, demographic and political imperatives;
- Knowledge of Washington state demographic forecasting, and admissions and financial aid regulations;
- A record of successful administrative leadership experience in higher education;
- Experience in student-centric admissions operations, including outstanding customer service;
- Experience in effective outreach and enrollment of non-traditional students;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across the university in long-range enrollment planning, financial management, communication, recruitment, and retention;
- Ability to ensure effective and efficient vendor service and evaluation.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins Immediately and will continue until filled
**Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Casey Stewart
Title: Secretary Senior
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (509) 963-3081
Website: Enrollment Management
Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.