Assistant Professor - Clinical Mental Health Counseling or Counselor Education
Fort Valley State University invites applications for a position as a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor in Clinical Mental Health Counseling or Counselor Education in the Department of Counseling within the College of Education and Professional Studies. The successful candidate for this position will teach courses in the area of clinical mental health counseling or counselor education and engage in scholarly activity, and offer service to the department, college, university, and community.MAJOR DUTIES
- Teach full load in discipline and or related fields, both on ground and online
- Provide academic advising to students
- Mentor traditional undergraduate students with interest in Clinical Mental Health Counseling or Counselor Education
- Supervise/conduct related research
- Engage in professional development activities
- Participate in and support service-related activities at the departmental, college, institutional, and community level
- Serve on committees as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Ability to meet Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Experience with learning management systems
- Record of publications in peer reviewed journals
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Related industry/business experience
- Strong understanding of learning and motivation
- Demonstrated skills in the assessment, advising and mentoring of learners
- Proven ability to deal effectively with individual differences in ability, personality, and interests
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related teaching duties. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university employees, and students.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects. The work is typically performed in an office or classroom.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position may supervise student workers as needed.
- Doctorate in Mental Health Counseling or related field from a CACREP-level accredited program/institution
- 1 year teaching experience in the discipline at the university level
- Clinical or supervision experience in clinical skill development of counselors
- License or license-eligible in the State of Georgia
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com