Facilities Maintenance Technician- Advanced
Facilities Maintenance Technician- AdvancedAnticipated Hiring Range:
$48,000 - $53,000Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.Job Location:
Bldg Maint & Oper-CBCAbout the Department:
The 900+ positions of the Facilities Division service the students and staff of the University’s teaching, research/administrative space and 2,240 acres of infrastructure. The Facilities Division provides design and building services, maintenance, custodial, landscape, solid waste removal, utility, mail, and motor pool services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The goal is to deliver cost effective services to the University, ensure completed projects and maintenance that conform to codes and regulations, while minimizing University liabilities and disruptions caused by the maintenance, repair, building, and equipment modifications to the University.Essential Job Duties:
This is a highly skilled worker with proficiency in the maintenance, repair and operation of heating, cooling, steam/hot water boilers, and boiler auxiliary equipment (generally falling under the heading of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and general building maintenance) within the maintenance service zone. Team leader/supervisory role at times. This position requires experience and the technical skills to implement new technology and lead the team in new technology use. Demonstrate a working knowledge of and ability to instruct others on advanced repairs in multiple trades (HVAC, electric, plumbing, specialized control systems, etc. Be trained in multiple building operating systems with the ability to cross train others. Demonstrate proper procedures to isolate and lock-out systems for which they are responsible for and identify any deficiencies. Requires working with new and continuously changing technology such as geothermal systems. Additionally, they are required to address sprinklers and safety systems.Other Responsibilities:
- Must be able to safely work on extension ladders and high lifts with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- This position has been designated as essential personnel for the University and may be required to report to work during adverse weather conditions even though the University may be operating on an alternate schedule. This position may assist with snow and ice removal under the direction of a supervisor.
- Must participate in quarterly on-call program. This occurs every ten to fourteen weeks.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or alternate shifts when necessary for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work. Some positions may require special licenses or certification(s).
Optional Guidelines: Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the area of assignment may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.Other Required Qualifications:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and the general public.
- Must be able to understand instructions and other communications regarding work assignments and other matters.
- Multi-trade experience with a concentration in HVAC, electrical, steam or plumb1ng.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- 5+ years of multi-trade experience with a concentration in HVAC, electrical, steam or plumbing.
- 2+ years of experience in the operation, troubleshooting and repair of building automation systems and controls.
- Universal CFC certificate.
- Vocational or technical school training.
North Carolina driver’s license required within 60 days of hire and must be maintained.Valid NC Driver's License required:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
06/24/2019Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Facility Maintenance Technician - Mechanical TradesPosition Classification Band Level:
AdvancedPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $66,138Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
443701 - Bldg Maint & Oper-CBCAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.