Associate Dean, College of Business
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-22
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University has been changing lives for over 125 years. We have been recognized by the Chronicle of Education as a Great College to Work for, and ranked in the top 15% in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 list of Best Value Schools, and in the top 32% of Best College for Veterans. Employees at Saint Leo University advance their careers in a rewarding and diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today.
The Tapia College of Business (TCOB) is the largest College in the University with over 8,000 students in 8 multidisciplinary departments with 80 fulltime faculty and staff. TCOB has a unique, multi-disciplinary portfolio with degree offerings ranging from Associates level to the Doctor of Business Administration. They are offered across multiple disciplines including traditional business majors such as accounting, management, and marketing, along with programs in computer science, communication, healthcare administration, hospitality, and sport business.
We are currently seeking an innovative, operations-oriented, servant leader to join our team as Associate Dean. This position reports to the Dean of the College and provides leadership to ensure the development, implementation and continual assessment of strategies and processes to grow and sustain programs that lead to student success. The Associate Dean must be committed to the educational mission and core values of Saint Leo University, which include a demonstrated commitment to excellence, community, and responsible stewardship. This is a 12-month administrative, appointment with faculty rank. The successful candidate will be based in Saint Leo, Florida, just north of Tampa.Job DescriptionDUTIES AND TASKS:
The successful candidate will:
- Lead efforts to (re)design and implement academic administration processes using Lean-like methods for continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with chairs and directors to access and interpret data on matters related to scheduling, budgets, enrollment, and personnel in support of decision-making.
- Guide TCOB faculty and staff at all locations in developing and implementing effective assessment plans that ensure desired student learning outcomes as well as appropriate institutional reporting about these outcomes in support of accreditation and continuous improvement.
- Lead efforts to integrate assessment and accreditation in every day practice. Engage in regular meetings with chairs, assessment coordinators, and the university-wide Assessment Committee. Conduct teaching observations and participate in the faculty development plan process.
- Work collaboratively with the Dean and faculty on program review, strategic planning, and goal setting/tracking.
- Act in a manner consistent with the university's commitment to diversity by fostering a climate that values diversity, civility, and inclusion.
- Represent the TCOB at meetings and events as needed and carry out special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The minimum requirements are:
- Systems-thinker with demonstrated skills in facilitating process improvement, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with learning outcomes assessment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working collaboratively.
- Strong interest in facilitating and supporting innovative higher education programming.
- Strong commitment to diversity.
- Significant administrative experience in higher education.
- An earned doctorate/terminal degree in a discipline traditionally represented by one of the disciplines in TCOB highly preferred.
• Lean, Six-Sigma, Design Thinking skills/certification.
• Experience in ACBSP and/or regional accreditation processes.
• Experience teaching in a blended and fully online environment.
• Practitioner experience.
In addition to your curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement - (500 words or less), should highlight how your philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University. Please include how your administrative practice fit if applying for a faculty administrative position. The University Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website under “about Saint Leo”.
- Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less), should highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – All letters of recommendation should be professional references and at least one (1) from a recent superior. If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum) – Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
- Teaching Certifications and Evidence – Teaching assignments specifically in the Education discipline require the following additional documents must be included and uploaded with your all-includes document file. (Education specific disciplines only – for other disciplines please upload a word document that states, “N/A does not apply).
- Teaching Certificate
- Evidence of clinical educator training
- Evidence of 60 hours of ESOL training
Official transcripts are required for all adjuncts and all final full-time faculty candidates
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted. Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
World Education Services (WES) Evaluation – A certified evaluation and translation from World Education Services (WES) is required for foreign transcripts and/or any and all degrees obtained from international universities. Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Full-time faculty positions are pending final budget approval prior to start of the academic yearENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description. The role may involve travel.NOTICE:
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.