Administrative Assistant III
Position Title:Administrative Assistant III Position Number:10042278 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:11/01/2019 Salary Minimum:$17.06 / hr General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Administrative Assistant III on the Dahlonega campus. The Administrative Assistant III will report to the Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving is a full-time administrative support position responsible for providing a full range of moderately complex clerical/secretarial work assignments in support of the AR/AG Office. The incumbent reports directly to the Director, but interacts with and supports to Alumni Relations and Annual Giving Officers as needed. The Administrative Specialist is the primary administrator of state budget, travel, scheduling, correspondence, record keeping, alumni sub-group management and day-to-day operations of the office.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant III will:
- Assist the Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving in the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving.
- Manage essential office operations and provides administrative support for a variety of routine projects, including the department's budget, database, and occasional issues of a sensitive nature. Candidates must exercise a high-level of discretion and integrity in the performance of these duties.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all meetings chaired by the Director of AR/AG, including scheduling, agenda preparation, attendee notification, preparation of meeting materials, meeting follow-up, etc.
- Act as a customer-service liaison with departments on campus, friends and alumni, as well as the general public. Receives and responds promptly to/answers telephone, mail and email inquiries. Ensures the efficient operation of the Office of AR/AG by working collaboratively, with a positive and responsive attitude. Must possess excellent customer relations and communications skills.
- Prepare and assembles a wide variety of routine and special drafts, memos/letters, meeting materials and reports.
- Where appropriate, provides supervision and direction to student workers and volunteers.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for the Office of AR/AG.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs., climb stairs and assist with event set-up and break-down.
- Bachelor’s degree required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of administrative support at the executive level.
- Working experience and knowledge of the Office Suite for Windows including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunity is preferred.
- Experiences with budget management and financial reports preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.