Study Abroad Advisor
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Study Abroad Advisor.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Study Abroad Advisor. This position is a full-time position that reports to the Assistant Director for The Center for Learning Abroad (CLA). This position will promote study abroad across campus, advise students on program options, application process, and scholarship options. The Study Abroad Advisor remains a resource for students during their program abroad and upon return. This position will also coordinate cultural programming on campus during International Education Week, Celebration of Nations Week, and at other points in the academic year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides high quality advising on the programs and opportunities abroad offered by Lynn University.
- Assists students with the study abroad application process.
- Acts as liaison between the program provider and students.
- Responds to inquiries from students, faculty and others regarding program procedures and requirements.
- Assists in maintaining documents, application materials and the CLA website.
- Assists the Assistant Director for The Center for Learning Abroad with scholarship review.
- Assists the Assistant Director for The Center for Learning Abroad in planning and conducting study abroad fairs and other promotional events.
- Coordinates programming (with assistance from others in the department) for International Education Week, Celebration of Nations Week, and other campus-wide cultural events.
- Works closely with the Office of Admission to assist in providing information to new and prospective students about learning abroad opportunities.
- Assists other staff members in providing students assistance at the front desk, ensuring consistent customer service throughout the work day.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities remain current on best practices in the field of International Education.
- Maintains effective relationships with academic departments, administrative offices and approved program providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional nights and weekends required.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines while working in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Able to think critically and solve practical problems with multiple and complex variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree in international education, higher education administration, student affairs, or related field.
- Prior experience working with students in an institution of higher education.
- Experience working with education abroad programs.
- Proficiency in another language besides English.
- Experience living, working or studying in another country.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.