Application Software Developer IV
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic individual that loves technology and new challenges for an Application Software Developer position in a rewarding university environment. Is this you? Ideal candidates, like you, will bring excellent technical and interpersonal skills and a commitment to supporting our values including being team-focused, and technology curious. And, Miami University offers an engaging work environment at a premier higher education institution with exceptional benefits package plus many other support resources to help employees balance their professional and personal lives. As a member of our team, you will have great opportunities to grow technically and professionally. Miami is committed to a culture of health and wellness on campus with several benefits, healthcare, and wellness programs.
Health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance; tuition fee waiver; paid sick and parental leave, paid vacation, paid holidays; state sponsored, alternate and supplemental retirement plans are part of our employee benefits package. Plus you can be part of the University’s academic culture and can teach one credit bearing course per semester.
You'll pursue the best solutions for the University including:
- Lead and be an essential role model in designing custom solutions for university technology needs.
- Being a leader and part of a team that selects and implements third-party software solutions in a mixed on-premise/cloud environment to meet the strategic needs of the university.
- Design, create, and implement API-driven data integrations for on-premise and hosted software.
- Providing documentation and training for end-users and internal operations teams.
- Acting in a lead important technical role for existing production services.
- Using your experience, work with team members and staff in remediation of barriers to success
- Treat security and accessibility as job one as you design and implement solutions that protect sensitive data and provide equal access.
- In partnership with the university offices and third-party software providers, you will help ensure optimal use of technology solutions.
- Design and execute cloud infrastructure deployments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field earned by date of hire and four years of relevant experience. Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
As the Application Software Developer IV reporting to our Application Development Team Manager, we are looking for you to have expert knowledge and experience in:
- Delivering implementations of applications that use single-sign-on and authentication systems (LDAP, Active Directory, CAS, Shibboleth, Two-Factor)
- Developing applications in PHP (Laravel), Python, Node JS, or similar languages
- Using source code management systems (Git, etc.) and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Developing secure applications (SQL injection, cross-site scripting, etc.)
- Improving the quality of applications by using various testing options, which could include unit, feature, stress/load testing and documenting test plans, cases and results.
- Higher Ed ERP systems (Ellucian’s Banner suite), Learning Management systems (Canvas), and web portal systems (LifeRay) or similar applications.
- Design and develop applications using relational database management systems and experience with SQL.
- Web application server administration in applications such as Apache/Tomcat and Weblogic.
- Linux and Windows OS with a basic understanding of networking. .
- Developing and testing web applications for accessibility (ADA) compliance
- Advanced deployment experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Working as a member of or leading a team using Agile development techniques (Scrum or Kanban).
- Understand the collaborative and planning needs for implementing high-volume, interactive, essential applications.
Come grow with us!
EO/AA Statement and Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html (http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html), which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.