#102367 (CLS) Clinical Lab Scientist Specialist
This posting has been changed from Internal to External as of 10/28/19, all applicants are welcome to apply.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/23/2019 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 10/28/2019. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
This posting shall remain open until filled.DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision, performs waived, moderate, and high complexity testing; evaluates test results; performs and evaluates quality control procedures; performs preventive maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting. Provides laboratory services in a timely manner and consistently delivers excellent customer service. Serves as a technical resource for customers and other staff. Adheres to all safety policies. Performs other related CLS functions as required.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Two (2) years of applicable clinical laboratory experience.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with SoftLab LIS and Epic.
- Experience with automated laboratory instruments in Coagulation, Hematology, and Chemistry
- Experience with ACL Tops, Sysmex XN-5000, WAM, GEM4000, TEG, and Roche Cobas.
- Experience with Hematology manual differentials, with skills in identifying abnormal cells in both blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, overtime and at various locations as necessary in accordance with operational needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.