Building Environmental Technician
Position InformationGeneral Information Vacancy Open toAll CandidatesEmployment TypePermanent - Full-timeIf time-limited, note appointment end dateHours per week40Months per year12Position Number012940NC Salary Grade Equivalency52Classification TitleBuilding Environmental Technician - JourneyWorking TitleBuilding Environmental TechnicianSalary Range$31,200Anticipate Hiring Range$31,200FLSA StatusNon ExemptDivisionStudent AffairsDepartmentStudent Union Activities & Rec(Adm)Work UnitStudent Activity Ctr and Venue MgmtWork Schedule
11:00 PM – 7:30 AM, five days per week.
Days off vary according to events schedule.
The hours will flex from time to time based on events.
This position is designated mandatory staff during adverse weather or emergency events. In the event of an area disaster, the Student Activity Center may be designated an
emergency shelter or for emergency operations.
This position performs building services throughout Student Activity Center & Rec. Facilities and accurately sets up hospitality, arena, and recreational spaces for Athletic, Intramural, special, and entertainment events.Minimum Education/Experience
Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, one year of experience demonstrating the ability to follow instructions in operating specialized floor-cleaning or other cleaning equipment and in performing medium to heavy physical work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Essential Job Duties
Duties include both housekeeping tasks and arena/room set-ups.
This includes physically strenuous activities and detail-oriented tasks, such as cleaning or setting up staging or furnishings for arena and meeting rooms; installing portable basketball floor and goals; operating cleaning equipOther Work Responsibilities
Performs porter services during events.
Other duties as assigned.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Experience in room set-ups, to include tables, chairs.
Public facility cleaning experience, especially involving restrooms, locker rooms, and various floor surfaces.
The experience associated with public assembly facilities such as an arena or conference center.Necessary Licenses or CertificationsWork LocationVariesPosting date09/13/2019Closing date11/03/2019Proposed Hire Date12/09/2019Contact InformationSpecial Notes to Applicants
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents are used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from consideration, but it may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- UNC Charlotte Website
- HERC Job Board
- Inside Higher Education
- Local JobNetwork
- Another Website
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Where did you learn about this posting?
(Open Ended Question)
- * This position works a shift of 11:00 pm – 7:30 am, five days per week with a schedule of varying days off according to events schedule. The hours will flex from time to time based on events.Are you able to work this shift and varying days off schedule as required?
- Please describe your housekeeping experience in room set-ups, to include tables, chairs; public facility cleaning experience, especially involving restrooms, locker rooms, and various floor surfaces.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe your housekeeping experience associated with public assembly facilities such as arena or conference centers, convention centers, stadiums, or hotels.
(Open Ended Question)
- Contact Information for References
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Other Document