Posting InformationPosition Information Position TypePermanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?NoPosition TitleSoc/Clin Research Specialist - JourneyWorking TitleStudy CoordinatorPosition Number20029670Vacancy IDP010558Budgeted Hiring Range$50,825 - $68,833Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade Equivalent72/GN11Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-LimitedFull-Time PermanentIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointmentHours per week40Work Schedule
M-F, 8:30 am – 5:00 pmDepartment Name and NumberLineberger Compr Cancer Center-426801Date First Posted08/07/2019Closing Date11/08/2019Position LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition Posting CategoryResearch Professionals Position Summary Information Department Description
The UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, founded in 1975, is one of 47 National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the country. The Center’s mission is to reduce cancer occurrence and death in North Carolina and the nation through research, treatment, training and outreach.Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description
The purposes of this position are administration of oncology clinical trials, including subject and data management, and training of staff. The Study Coordinator will coordinate multiple complex trials through the protocol life cycles of activation, implementation, and closure. Will also be responsible for creating Subject Management Plan and Data Management Plan for multiple oncology clinical trials using knowledge of Good Clinical Practices.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the field assigned and one year of related training or experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge of GCP and ICH Guidelines and ability to follow established regulations, procedures, and protocols; strong computer skills; demonstrated ability to gather data and document procedures; demonstrated ability to plan work and coordinate multiple projects; demonstrated ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing.Preferred Qualifications
Research experience preferred. Oncology and/or chemotherapy experience on an oncology unit or in an oncology clinic is preferred. CCRC or CCRP is preferred. Nursing license preferred.Required Licenses/Certifications Special Physical and Mental RequirementsPosition/Schedule RequirementsEvening work occasionally, Laboratory, Patient care involvedPosition AttributesStimulus/ARRA FundedNoQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/167117 Contact Information Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Social/Clinical Research Specialist position.
- Bachelor's in a discipline related to the field assigned and at least 1 year of related training or experience.
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate in an unrelated field and at least 5 years of related training and/or experience.
- Master's and/or Doctorate in a discipline related to the field assigned.
- Associate's in a discipline related to the field assigned and at least 3 years of related training or experience.
- Combination of post-high school education and experience to equal at least 5 years of experience related to the field assigned (ex: 1 year towards a degree and 4 years experience).
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal at least 9 years (ex. 3 years of high school and 6 years of experience).
- None of the above
- * Do you have knowledge of GCP and ICH Guidelines?
- * Briefly describe your experience with clinical research including, (if applicable), experience with oncology specific research.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your approach to managing multiple projects concurrently, including how to ensure high quality while also meeting competing deadlines.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your experience and approach to interacting with potential and enrolled patients on clinical trials.
(Open Ended Question)