Universityof Colorado – School of Education & Human DevelopmentLecturer The University of Colorado Denver lAnschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment tocreating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds. The Schoolof Education & Human Development will establish and maintain a pool ofLecturers for future appointments to temporary, part-time, non-tenure-trackpositions. Lecturers are limited to two courses per term. This will be asemester-by-semester appointment, with the possibility of renewal. Thistemporary Lecturer pool is anticipated to remain continuously active through July 31, 2020—at that point, all applicationswill be cleared from the pool. You are welcome to reapply to the new postingafter that date. Lecturersselected from this pool will become vital members of the School’s innovativeeducation programs. For information on the specific programs and coursesoffered please visit http://ucdenver.edu/education/. The School of Education and HumanDevelopment at the University of Colorado Denver is a highly collaborativeprogram that includes university faculty and P-12 educators and communitymembers. Our mission is to prepare and inspire teacher leaders to have aprofound impact in fostering student opportunity, achievement and success inurban and diverse communities. Faculty develop and maintain close partnershipswith schools and other educational and community agencies situated in socialand economic contexts with diverse student and community populations.
The University of Colorado Denver is the premier urban research university inColorado and is committed to becoming one of the top ten urban institutions inthe country. The School of Education and Human Development (SEHD) strives toprovide national expertise on educational issues and socially just solutionsfor urban and diverse communities. Located in the heart of downtown Denver,whose population is increasingly diverse (32% Latino, 11% African American),the SEHD, accredited by NCATE, has taken a leadership role in preparingprofessionals to work in diverse schools, agencies and related settings. TheSEHD emphasizes diverse collaborative partnerships including PK-12 schools,local communities, businesses, government agencies, private foundations, andother universities and colleges.
Job Responsibilities:The purpose of this posting is toexpand our pool of Lecturers available to teach courses. These are temporary,part-time Lecturer positions, as we build our capacity to offer qualityinstruction to all students in the School of Education and Human Development. Teaching assignments may fluctuateand are contingent upon the schedule of courses offered each term, the requirednumber of student enrollments in your tentatively scheduled course(s), andbudget availability. Thus, we cannot guarantee that you will teach particularcourses or that you will actually teach in a given term. Salaryand Benefits:The salary for this position isbased upon course enrollment. Payment amount per enrolled student variesaccording to the established rate of tuition for the specific class or program. This part-time appointment is noteligible for group health, life insurance, and retirement benefits. The University of Colorado Denveris dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff,students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective employees. The Immigration Reform and ControlAct requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for allnew employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of thisad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Diversityand Equity:Please click here for informationon disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx The University of Colorado Denver |Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diversestudent body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives topromote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilitiesand all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity andequality in education and employment.
· Significant successfulteaching or work experience in K-12 education, community, or business contexts,especially in urban and diverse settings.
· At a minimum, an earnedmaster’s degree in relevant content area (some courses may require a minimum ofan earned doctoral degree). See minimum qualifications for each academic level below. UndergraduateLecturer Minimum Qualifications
- M.A. or M.S. in Education, Human Development, Family Relations, or a closely related discipline, or
- B.A. or B.S. in Education, Human Development, Family Relations, or a closely related discipline, AND a M.A. or M.S. in any field in addition to at least 18 graduate level credit hours in Education or a closely related discipline, or
- If the Master’s Degree is in an unrelated field,the candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of successful experience in thefield related to the course documented on the CV. Candidates need to supplysome evidence (e.g., subject matter expertise or leadership expertise) ofexperience.
· Ifthe terminal degree is in an unrelated field,the candidate must demonstrated experience in the field related to the coursedocumented on the CV Candidates need to supply some evidence of experience(e.g., subject matter expertise or leadership expertise).
· If the candidate does not have a terminaldegree, the candidate must have aM.A. or M.S. AND a minimum of 5 years ofsuccessful experience in the field related to the course documented on the CV.Candidates need to supply some evidence (e.g., teaching experience, schoolprincipal, board certified counselor, etc.) of experience PhD, EdD, PsyD · PhD, EdD, PsyD in Education, Counseling, HumanDevelopment, Family Relations, or closely related disciple field area.
· Ifthe doctorate degree is in an unrelated field, the candidate must demonstrate at least18 graduate level credit hours in related discipline and/or 5 years’ experience in the field relatedto the course documented on the CV. Candidates need to supply some evidence(e.g., subject matter expertise or leadership expertise) of experience. RequiredCompetencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse communities, knowledge of urban educational community issues, and an interest in collaborating with a variety of constituencies in an urban environment.
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g. MS Office)
- Ed.D.or Ph.D. in Education or a closely related field.
- Experienceteaching at the graduate level.
- Experienceteaching online or with blended/hybrid models (e.g. Blackboard or eCollege andLiveText)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Oct 18, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing