Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleProgram AdvisorRequisition NumberRE20819Working TitleAssociate Director UK Next Gen Scholars ProgramDepartment Name8G010:Educational Leadership StudiesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level44Salary Range$41,475-66,373/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 lbs, siting for long periods of time.Shift
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pmJob Summary
The Center for Next Generation Leadership located in the College of Education’s Department of Educational Leadership Studies at the University of Kentucky is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, innovative, and strategic individual to collaborate with Kentucky high schools, UK colleges, and UK offices to enhance and support UK Next Gen Scholar student success. This position has three primary roles:
•Supporting the initiative to provide professional-level program coordination, recruitment, and advisement for high school students within the UK Next Gen Scholars program;
•Working with colleges, UK offices, and the UK Center for Next Generation Leadership team to support the UK Next Gen Scholars program with a particular emphasis on student success;
•Managing and providing oversight for the financial and event management of the UK Center for Next Generation Leadership and Center personnel.
Related activities will include working with existing university personnel and Next Gen Network high schools to develop a strategic plan for recruiting and supporting dual-credit students associated with the UK Next Gen Scholars program, campus engagement, student advising and coaching, program development, high school visits, student and school personnel meetings, campus visits and event coordination, and attending recruitment and outreach events directed at potential University of Kentucky undergraduate students throughout the year. Selected candidate will also assist in the development of high quality recruitment materials, the maintenance of associated websites, and the management of other online outreach and communication efforts.
In addition, this individual will be responsible for program data management and program assessment and evaluation as well as the training and management of staff and students as they relate to student services, risk management, fiscal management, and event coordination within the UK Center for Next Generation Leadership and the UK Next Gen Scholars program.
IEBC – Internal Employee Being ConsideredSkills / Knowledge / Abilities
Driver’s License preferred.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
Masters Degree in education, social sciences, humanities, social work, or related area and 5 years of related experienceDeadline to Apply10/27/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your student recruitment experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your amount of paid, full-time employment experience in student advising.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your employment experience with data collection and management.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please select the response that best represents your paid, full-time employment experience in budget management.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 7 years
- More than 7 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * How many years of experience do you have providing supervision and leadership?
- More than 0, but less than 1 year
- More than 1 year, but less than 5 years
- More than 5 years, but less than 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter