Supplemental Employee - Kitchen Assistant
Position Title: Supplemental Employee GLCI Kitchen Assistant
Expected Starting Salary Range:
All supplemental employees are required to be part of the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System (MPSERS).
Employees may be eligible for paid medical leave.
This position assists the Chef instructor at the GLCI during scheduled class times and special events. They will assist in procuring items for class, preparing items as assigned by the Chef Instructor and assisting students when directed to by the instructor. The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly dependable, and show attention to detail. This position requires a flexible schedule, and availability to work nights and weekends as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Education: Highs School diploma or GED
- Minimum of one-year experience in commercial kitchen or related area
- ServeSafe Sanitation Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience in a commercial kitchen or related area.
- Related work experience in preparing baked goods and savory food products.
- One-year college or technical school certification in area related to the position
- Experience supervising employees or students.
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This position will work part-time.
Open until filled. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For questions or assistance, email [email protected] or call 231-995-2612.
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.