Research Program Coordinator
Description*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* Universityof Colorado l Anschutz Medical CampusSchoolof Medicine, Department of OrthopedicsResearch ProgramCoordinator (Program Assistant I)Position#768944 – Requisition 17570 The University ofColorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstratedcommitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectivelywith students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. TheDepartment of Orthopedics has anopening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Research Program Coordinator (Program Assistant I) position. TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutionsnationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus,designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts theCollege of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, andPublic Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and twohospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciencesresearch park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutzoffers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and fivefirst-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside facultymembers who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expertclinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for researchand innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards eachyear and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since2002. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Natureof Work:The major function ofthis position is to serve as Program Coordinator for the Orthopedic ResearchCenter. This role entails supporting acore group of 10 PIs and their labs by serving as the primary office contactfor the Center, administratively supporting research and educationalprogramming and activities, scheduling and hosting visiting faculty, managingstaff travel, coordinating web site updates, budgeting, other administrativeduties as assigned. Examples ofWork Performed:
Your total compensation goes beyond thenumber on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave,health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:Four (4) years oftechnical/paraprofessional experience in an administrative role, includingevent coordination, travel arrangements, or budget management. Substitution: A bachelor’s degree in publichealth, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences,nursing, healthcare, finance, accounting, business administration, business, ora directly related field from an accredited institution. PreferredQualifications:
- Abilityto work with a large and constantly expanding research team
- Abilityto represent the Orthopedic Research Center with enthusiasm and professionalism
- Abilityto self-manage priorities and be proactive in resolving issues
- Abilityto maintain confidentiality
- Stronginterpersonal skills and a high level of tact and diplomacy
- MicrosoftExcel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe software
- Abilityto communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Abilityto establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at alllevels throughout the institution.
- Demonstratedcommitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Skilledat efficiently solving problems with minimal oversight.
- Abilityto adapt to changing responsibilities as the Center continues to evolve.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 18, 2019
Unposting Date: Nov 17, 2019, 11:59:00 PM